We are delighted to announce that St. Mary’s will be participating in the Street Tag Central Bedfordshire Schools Leaderboard program.
Street Tag is a free child and family-friendly mobile application that uses virtual tags to incentivise communities and families to become more physically active and boost mental health.
With Street Tag, participants record the distance they walk, run, or cycle by collecting virtual tags with their smartphone at various locations, watching their total distance accumulate to climb up the Schools leaderboard. Steps can also be converted into points by syncing their steps into the Street Tag app. This is designed to encourage families to walk and cycle to school, to be physically active, to connect with green spaces, and is an opportunity to rediscover their local area as well as earning rewards for their school.
The reward scheme for the top 3 schools in each season is £50 to the top 3 schools from each School game area. We will also be sharing the performance of our school’s top players regularly via the school newsletter and our website.
More information about Street Tag can also found by watching the following video links about the program and the App:
Steps to join your School Team
- Download the App “Street Tag” from Play Store/ App Store.
- Click on Sign up.
- Fill in your details.
- Password should be at least 8 characters with 1 special character, 1 upper case, and 1 number.
- Click YES for Team QR Code.
- Scan the school QR Code:
- Click Sign Up
- Verify either by email or phone number.
- Fill in the questionnaire.
- You are ready to go!
Tips for Parents/Guardians to add a child to a parent account:
- Make sure your child has an Email Id.
- A parent can add a max of 2 children as players C1 and C2.
- Go to settings, select the add a child option.
- Fill in all the details to add a player.
- Go to the main menu on the Street Tag app, click on Settings, and then go to the Profile option.
- Select Add C1 and C2 options.
Once a child is added as a player. You can see the C1/ C2 option on the main screen.
While tagging with your children, please click on C1/C2 to scan a tag for them.
Features of the App
Menu (top left) where you will see:
- Leader board: The leader board displays your rank, School team name, and the number of points your school has.
- Message Board: This section is a way for all users to know what’s going on and new things they should look out for. When a new opportunity is placed by Street Tag you get a notification.
- Dashboard: You can see your team’s scores and individual players’ scores. Miles/distance covered.
- Tags can be seen on the main screen map. The tags are yellow. Once they are scanned they turn red. A tag cannot be re-scanned within an hour.
- Tags with Stars are more than 50 points value.
- A set of 18 tags will earn a bonus of 200 points.
- Playground: All the app features are listed on it.
Steps to create the tags if there aren’t any tags.
It's also easy to create new tags on your preferred walking, running, or cycling route on Street Tag. Anyone can create virtual tags around them using the app.
- Please stand at the location where you want to create new tags.
- From the app’s map home screen, click on the ‘create tags’ button at the top of the screen.
- Click the “I’m awesome, give me tags” button.
- The app will create new tags for you if there aren’t enough or existing tags around.
Use the Street Tag 'Power Hour' to commit to an hour of exercise at least 24 hours in advance and have all your tag points collected during that hour tripled and maintain a daily streak of physical activity for even more bonuses. This is a flexible hour during the day for you to work out by walking, cycling, running to scan virtual tags.
When you tag during your power hour, you earn triple points per each virtual tag that you successfully scan.
You can pick your ‘Power Hour' of choice timeslot at least 24 hours in advance. The Power Hour will not work for the same day if not selected in advance. You can select up to 7 days of Power Hour slots in advance.
When your Power Hour starts, there will be a countdown for that hour, and all the 'tags' (not steps) that are scanned during that hour will be triple points, except for Saturdays between 10 AM and 11 AM when Power Hour will not be available for selection.
You do not have to exercise for the whole hour, you can exercise for the whole hour or you can do as much as you wish to do. The standard points assigned to each tag will remain outside of your selected power hour.
Power Hour Streaks
Every time you complete consecutive day streaks of daily power hour exercise, you earn an additional bonus that grows bigger with the more day streak you complete.
For example: you complete 2 day streak, that's +50, with each day it's plus +5 added to the 50 i.e. On the third day it will be 50 (for the two days) + 55 (on the third day) = 105. If you complete another day 4 streak that will be 105 + 60 = 165. Day 5 streak will be 165 + 65 = 230. Day 6 streak will be 230 + 70 = 300. If by day 7 you miss your power hour; ONLY then will the total 300 streak points be credited into your account. And a new streak can start. Your streaks can be as long as you want them to be.
C1 & C2 (i.e. the child accounts connected to parents) also benefit from the Power Hour functionality.
A guide for using the Offline Mode on Street Tag
- Open the Street Tag app and open the app side menu.
- Click on "Collect Tags Offline".
- Switch on either "Collect Tags in Complete offline mode" or "Collect Tags in Hybrid offline mode".
- Your C1 and C2 will work in offline modes too.
- Your main account, C1, and C2 will be able to collect Poly Tags and Monument Tags in complete offline mode also. (Note - When in offline modes, all Poly Tags and Monument Tags are automatically converted into normal tags for collection)
- Your tags collected in offline mode will appear on the 'Collect Tags Offline' screen only an hour after your tagging activity. You must sync your offline tags within 24 hours after they've appeared. Street Tag CANNOT recover unsynced tags that are automatically deleted after 24 hours.
Further guides can be found on the app via the information button on the top right of the screen of the 'Collect Tags Offline' screen.
If you ever face any issues with the app, don't hesitate to contact us by raising a support ticket through the app settings, or through our website, or email us at email@example.com or through our social media channels. We wish you a Happy Tagging playful experience with lots of prizes to be earned!
So, in summary, start using Street Tag to explore and boost your daily physical activity and mental health. Collect virtual tags, sync your steps, try different experiences in the virtual playground and WIN PRIZES.