Our Governing Body is led by Mrs Emma Thoulass, our Chair of Governors. Mr Ben Jones is our Vice-Chair of Governors. The Governing Body are a group of parents, staff and members of the community who promote the highest standards of educational achievement for our children. There are 12 Governor positions and a clerk, these are:
- 2 parent governors
- 1 Local Authority (LA) governor
- 1 headteacher governor
- 1 staff governor
- 7 foundation governors (1 ex officio, 2 Diocesan Board of Education (DBE), 4 Parochial Church Council (PCC))
You can click here to 'meet our governors'
Our Governing Body play an essential part in raising standards within school. They have a strategic focus, operating and making decisions as a group. They have four very important roles to play:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction - they are involved in setting the aims and objectives for the school and ensuring the policies and procedures are in place in order to achieve them.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school - making sure the money is well spent.
- Ensuring accountability - they monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making against it's objectives.
- Acting as a critical friend - they provide support and challenge to the head teacher and teaching staff.
Our Governing Body meet all together, every half term for a full day, where they combine the meetings with a school visit. Minutes from these full governing board meetings are available upon request from the school office.
Please click here to see an overview of the Governors', their terms of office and their areas of responsibility.
Please click here to view our Governors' pecuniary interests.
Please click here to view a summary of attendance of Governors at Full Governing Body Meetings for 2019-2020.