Physical Education (P.E.) and Sports Premium Funding
Sports Premium funding is provided to schools to support them in making additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of Physical Education (P.E.) and sport they offer.
The Department for Education Vision for the Primary P.E. and Sport Premium is:
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
When using the Sports Premium funding, schools must ensure impact against the following 5 Key Indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE, Sport and Physical Activity being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport