At St. Mary's, we use the income from Pupil Premium to provide any child in receipt of the funding with personalised and strategic support to enable them to learn as effectively as possible.
Pupil Premium support at St. Mary's is managed by Mrs. Burraway.
For more information about Pupil Premium, please see our Pupil Premium policy in the Our Policies section of our website.
*Pupil Premium Strategy 2020-2021 Coming Soon*
Free School Meals and Universal Free School Meals:
From September 2014 EVERY child in Reception to Year 2 (inclusive) has been entitled to a free school meal.
However, your child may also be eligible for the Pupil Premium entitlement. This not only provides your child with a Free School Meal, but also helps the school gain extra income and provide the additional support described above.
The criteria for receiving the Pupil Premium/Free School Meals entitlement are:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (during the initial roll-out of this benefit)
- A child who is currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
- A child who has left care in England or Wales through an adoption, a special guardianship order or a child arrangement order
If you think you meet the Pupil Premium/Free School Meals eligibility criteria, please call the Central Bedfordshire Pupil Premium and Free School Meals team on 0300 300 8306.
When you call to apply, please have the following information ready:
- National Insurance numbers and dates of birth for you and your partner
- Dates of birth for your children
- If you receive support from the National Asylum Support Service, your NASS number
This line is open 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday.
Following the discussion, if eligibility is confirmed, please inform Mrs. Topliff in the School Office.