Anti-Bullying Week: November
What is Anti-Bullying Week?
Anti-Bullying Week is an annual event, coordinated in England and Wales by the Anti-Bullying Alliance and takes place in November each year.
The Anti-Bullying Alliance is a coalition of organisations and individuals that are united against bullying. To find out more about the Anti-Bullying Alliance, please click below:
The theme for Anti-Bullying Week 2022 was:
What do we do at St. Mary's to recognise Anti-Bullying Week?
During Anti-Bullying Week, we hold a special Worship (Assembly). A copy of this year's assembly can be found below, should you wish to revisit it with your child/children:
The children also completed an activity during Class Worship (Assembly), where they thought about how they can 'Reach Out' to others.
How else can I support my child at home?
The Anti-Bullying Alliance has also created this useful pack to support Parent/Carers which provides:
- information on the definition of bullying
- advice to give your child
- conversation starters to help you talk to your child about bullying
- how you can include the message of Reach Out as a family and a community
- activities to do with your child during Anti-Bullying Week
- sources of advice and support
In addition, please remember, as a school we have an Anti-Bullying Policy that parents can read, which can be found here.